Giving to FDU
Why Your Gift Matters
The Fund for FDU provides a constant stream of philanthropic support that allows the University to respond quickly to new opportunities and urgent needs not covered by tuition and endowment spending.
Your gift is important each and every year. All gifts, regardless of size, play a significant role in allowing FDU to become the best university it can be.
Contributions to the Fund for FDU support a variety of key priorities including:
Because annual unrestricted gifts are spent down each fiscal year, gifts to the Fund for FDU have an immediate impact on our students, allowing them to become critical thinkers, problem-solvers and leaders who will reimagine and transform the world.
- State-of-the-art classroom technology
- Study abroad experiences
- Campus life programs
- Joint student-faculty research projects
- Academic programs
- Student clubs and organizations
- Laboratory equipment
- Varsity, intramural and recreational sports
- Community-outreach programs
Under FDU’s policy of spending five percent of an endowment’s value each year, it would require a $20,000 endowed fund to match the benefit the University receives from a $1,000 Annual Fund gift.
Alumni Participation is Essential
An important goal of the University and the Fund for FDU is to increase our alumni participation rates (the percentage of graduates who make a financial contribution to the University).
Our students and the entire FDU community benefit greatly when more alumni give to the University each year, because:
- There is strength in numbers. In fiscal year 2017, gifts under $250 from alumni combined to total more than $169,700.
- Increased participation rates reflect our alumni’s support of FDU’s mission and their desire to remain connected to the University.
- Alumni participation rates factor into college rankings and impact the University’s ability to secure grants from corporations and other organizations.
Questions about making a gift?
Fairleigh Dickinson University
1000 River Rd., H-DH3-12
Teaneck, NJ 07666-1914
FDU Employees: Click here to download the payroll deduction form.